Monday 2 December 2013

The Gluten Free Back Story

I started the gluten free life nearly four years ago after some testing. For years I had no energy and my stomach was always all over the place. I was also very susceptible to colds, flus, and tonsillitis. They could never quite pin point the cause or what was actually wrong. One day some tests were run to check for more than just anemia. So, the first of my dietary constraints was found in the form of gluten intolerance.

The first few weeks of gluten free living were full of research, cooking, baking, and, most importantly, energy! I had so much energy to burn. I had thought my energy levels were normal before. Suddenly, I knew I had been mistaken. There was no going back.

The reason I have started this blog is because I found it very hard to deal with products and restaurants in the beginning. I love food. I love having a great meal and enjoying the dish, be it something simple or extraordinarily extravagant. In fairness extravagant food doesn't happen often! I benefitted greatly from people spotting places or products.

Over the years I have gathered a lot of information that people should have access to. So, as I come across these things I shall put them here.




No comments:

Post a Comment